This post is actually more about the word guessing part than about the fortune wheel itself.
A friend of mine got married, so I sat together with his brother in law to come up with a special activity. We ended up with a mix between wheel of fortune and a music quiz.
Another friend – who works in the printing business – made the board. I’ve used Velcro to attach the letters to the board.
The activity went like this:
- The DJ plays a song, and the bride and groom both have to guess the song title
- Whoever knows it first has to hit a button on a boxing ball, and
- gets a present (everyone put their present or envelope in a large box)
- gets an extra letter on the Wheel of Fortune board
- can make a guess for the sentence
- And if you guess the sentence, you get the rest of the presents
A word about the DJ
The DJ – called DJ the man from Atlantis – was awesome by the way. He’s not only a great DJ, but he also regularly changes his costume.
Some of the outfits I saw: a Stormtrooper costume, a skeleton with a laser glove, a disco hat, a Darth Vader mask, some steampunk costume, …